As part of Community Safety Month, Manningham Council will tomorrow host a free interactive and informative workshop, aimed to empower women by increasing knowledge and confidence about feeling and being safe.
This free workshop will include:
- Crime prevention – practical tips on feeling and being safer in our community
- Preventing violence – recognising signs of an abusive relationship and leaving an unsafe situation
- Navigating the legal system and laws relating to women’s safety
- Gender equity
- How connecting with your community is important for wellbeing
- The workshop will conclude with participants invited to create a positive message of safety/gender equity that will be included in the Manningham Peace Path Project.
Refreshments will be provided at the free event, which will run from 9.30 am to 12.00 pm.