Every week, around 20 Australian children present to an emergency department following exposure to button batteries, including ingestions and insertions. Keep products with button batteries out of sight and out of reach of small children.
Kids are like little safecrackers – they get into everything, including products and devices that use button batteries. If a child swallows a button battery it can cause serious illness or even death. https://www.productsafety.gov.au/products/electronics-technology/button-batteries
This video from the ACCC shows what you can do to help keep children safe from button batteries in the home…https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuWnIplKGcQ