The AIPN invites applications for the inaugural AIPN Travel Subsidy, to support attendance at Safety 2016 (Tampere, Finland, September 18-21st).
This award is specifically to support a member of the AIPN to attend the Safety 2016 conference for professional development purposes. This award includes conference registration, flights and accommodation to the value of approximately $4000. There is 1 award available.
- Applicants must be financial members of AIPN at the time of application.
- Members of the AIPN Executive are not eligible to apply.
Applications will be assessed by the AIPN Executive committee. AIPN reserves the right not to offer an award in any given year. Applications will be assessed based on:
- Applicant’s contribution to injury prevention activities, relative to opportunity (awards, publications, grants, injury prevention activities)
- Potential of conference attendance to advance applicant’s injury prevention knowledge and contribution to injury prevention initiatives in Australia
- Other sources of funding available (if any) [note: please specify if there are no other sources of funding to attend the conference. Note also that other funding is not a condition of the award]
Requirements of the Award Recipient
- Award recipient is requested to write a brief report following the conference for inclusion in the AIPN e-bulletin, summarising the outcomes from the award.
- Any publications or presentations supported by the Award should acknowledge the financial contribution of the AIPN.
- Provide frequent Tweets and undertake other social media activities about the conference during the event.
Applications must be submitted as one document by 5pm, Friday 5th August 2016, and must include:
- A completed Application Form
- A description of how your attendance at the conference will advance injury prevention knowledge, and contribution to injury prevention initiatives in Australia – personally and for your workplace (maximum one A4 page)
- A description of your current and recent injury prevention activities
- A brief curriculum vitae focusing on injury prevention contribution and achievements (including any relevant academic and non-academic outputs).
- Please make sure documents have a minimum 12 point font and 2cm borders and follow the page limits as set out above.
- Applications should be emailed to: email@example.com
- The successful applicant will be notified by mid August.
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org