Strategic Plan 2014 – 16
SCN will focus on two strategic priorities over the three years of the 2014 – 16 plan, along with the objectives to implement these priorities.
Build the VSCN community
Provide a connection point for community safety professionals, other individuals, and relevant organisations to enable them to access professional development opportunities and to share, knowledge and information to promote community safety.
- Build a community of interest through the VSCN website to support and maximise opportunities for community safety professionals to connect and share knowledge and information.
- Provide professional development and face-to-face linking opportunities valued by community safety professionals.
- Review and strengthen the relationships with community networks and peak organisations.
- Engage with all levels of government and state-wide agencies in relation to community safety.
Secure a relevant future for the VSCN
- Develop and implement a financial sustainability plan.
- Determine the most appropriate organisational structure for the VSCN including membership categories.